Home > Windows > Developer Tools > Sandboxie 5.16
Sandboxie runs your applications in an isolated abstraction area called a sandbox. Under the supervision of Sandboxie, an application operates normally and at full speed, but can't effect permanent changes to your computer. Instead, the changes are effected only in the sandbox.
It extends the operating system (OS) with sandboxing capabilities by blending into it. Applications can never access hardware such as disk storage directly, they have to ask the OS to do it for them. Since integrates into the OS, it can do what it does without risk of being circumvented. Also takes measures to prevent programs executing inside the sandbox from hijacking non-sandboxed programs and using them as a vehicle to operate outside the sandbox.
Also prevents programs executing inside the sandbox from loading drivers directly. It also prevents programs from asking a central system component, known as the Service Control Manager, to load drivers on their behalf. In this way, drivers, and more importantly, rootkits, cannot be installed by a sandboxed program.
You should be able to run most applications sandboxed :
- Web browsers
- Mail and news readers
- Instant messengers and chat clients
- Peer-to-peer networking
- Games ,in particular, online games which download extension software code
: Sandboxie 5.16
: 8.6 MB
: Win7 32-bit / Win7 64-bit / Win8 32-bit / Win8 64-bit / Vista 32-bit / Vista 64-bit
- Fixed Windows 10-64 build 14965 "SBIE1222 Error with security token: (C00000BB / 35)"
- Fixed Windows 10-32 build 14971 "SBIE1222 Error with security token: (C0000058 / 62)"
- Fixed incompatibility with latest Nvidia drivers & DirectX.
- guard64.dll added to templates.ini for Comodo.
- In Win 8.1-32, and 10-32, UAC was always checked and grayed in Run Any Program start.exe dialog box.
- Added OpenWinClass=SWFlash_PlaceHolderX to fix Flash failure to start on some videos.
- Fixed certificate revocation check error
- Temporary files are no longer created with copy/paste
- SbieCtrl now gets Sandboxie updates via https.
- ActivIdentity (and other manufacturers') secure smart cards (CAC) are now supported
- Fixed BSOD that can occur if your license has expired and you are using MS Office ClickToRun.
- Added "Always on Top" option to SbieCtrl View menu. This will keep the SbieCtrl window as the top-most window.
- Fixed elevated installer failure introduced in 5.14.
Screenshots are not available