Home > Windows > Developer Tools > Sandboxie 5.18
Sandboxie runs your applications in an isolated abstraction area called a sandbox. Under the supervision of Sandboxie, an application operates normally and at full speed, but can't effect permanent changes to your computer. Instead, the changes are effected only in the sandbox.
It extends the operating system (OS) with sandboxing capabilities by blending into it. Applications can never access hardware such as disk storage directly, they have to ask the OS to do it for them. Since integrates into the OS, it can do what it does without risk of being circumvented. Also takes measures to prevent programs executing inside the sandbox from hijacking non-sandboxed programs and using them as a vehicle to operate outside the sandbox.
Also prevents programs executing inside the sandbox from loading drivers directly. It also prevents programs from asking a central system component, known as the Service Control Manager, to load drivers on their behalf. In this way, drivers, and more importantly, rootkits, cannot be installed by a sandboxed program.
You should be able to run most applications sandboxed :
- Web browsers
- Mail and news readers
- Instant messengers and chat clients
- Peer-to-peer networking
- Games ,in particular, online games which download extension software code
: Sandboxie 5.18
: 8.6 MB
: Win7 32-bit / Win7 64-bit / Win8 32-bit / Win8 64-bit / Vista 32-bit / Vista 64-bit
- Firefox multi-process (Electrolysis) is now supported in Win 7 and later.
- Fixed problem with clicking Office hyperlinks failing to start forced IE.
- TLS error when loading google sites in IE has been fixed.
- Fixed crash when starting IE while using Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UEV).
- Added support for Opera Neon.
- Fixed template for Roboform.
- Fixed Chrome 56 lingering child process.
Screenshots are not available